We are excited to announce that we are running ‘project: UGANDA’ again this year. Project: Uganda is an opportunity for the people at Sunnyhill Church to bless the socks off as many children as possible from the village of Kikobero in Uganda with Christmas parcels. It’s amazing to think that we can literally change a child’s Christmas this year by participating in this initiative.
Here is how you can take part:
- Sign Up Online or at the UGANDA table in the cafe at our Magna Academy Campus.
- You will then be allocated a number (either at the UGANDA table) or via email which you must write on your parcel.
- Pick up a free Jiffy bag from the project: UGANDA table in the cafe at our Magna Academy Campus.
- Fill it with items recommend on the packing list. (See below)
- Write down the contents of the parcel on the customs declaration label (this will be in the Jiffy bag that you will be given.)
- To assist with the distribution of the gifts in the village please write on the parcel the gender of the child the present is intended for and one of these age ranges: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14. (We do not know the exact ratios of gender and age of the children in the village so it would be appreciated if the majority of the gifts could be suitable for all ages and both genders wherever possible.)
- Please ensure your parcel your parcel weighs no more than 700g.
- Give your parcel to the project: UGANDA stand in the cafe along with £4 .
- Make sure all of this happens by the 15th November as this is the deadline.
We thank you for taking part in this project. We are hoping to send even more parcels this year so that we can bless even more children.
Toys, Dolls/stuffed toys, Toy trucks, Harmonica, Yo-Yo, Skipping rope, Ball, Small puzzle, School Supplies, Pens, Pencils & Sharpeners, Crayons/Felts, Writing Pad/Notepad, Colouring book, Solar calculator
Hygiene items: Toothbrush & paste, Wrapped soap bars, Comb / hairbrush, Flannel
Other items: Hat, Cap, Sunglasses, Hair accessories, Jewellery sets, Wind up torch
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
Used or damaged items, War related items (eg. Toy guns, soldiers, knives etc), Chocolate or other food items, Liquids or lotions (inc. bubbles), Medicines, Handmade or knitted soft toys, Anything political, Marbles or sharp objects, Glass containers, Mirrors or anything fragile,Clothing other than what is listed