The Bird Family Sabbatical
Between the 16th June and September 1st 2019 our lead Pastors Dom & Loo (with their children) will be on ministry leave. The primary objective of the sabbatical for Dom and Loo is to feel refreshed physically, mentally, spiritually in preparation for the next season of Sunnyhill’s growth and development. They will be spending their time between the UK, Australia and New Zealand. You can track their journey by following their instagram account – @domjbird where they will be posting videos and photos. To see where they’ll be and when they’ll be there, see an interactive map of their trip click the button below.
- Develop strategic relationships with leaders and churches who can positively impact the direction and trajectory of Sunnyhill.
- Sit under ministry and experience church culture that will stretch their current thinking and help us better understand the type of Church God is calling Sunnyhill to be.
- Spend time seeking God for personal renewal and more clarity in relation to the shape of vision and ministry at Sunnyhill.
- Prioritise quality time as a family.
- Read, study and grow in understanding of call.
- Week 1 – Dom will be spending time alone in Cornwall praying, studying and resting. As a family they will be spending time at a church in the London region sitting under ministry.
- Week 2 – Dom and Loo will be resting whilst meeting with other leaders and attending other churches around the nation.
- Week 3 – The family will fly out to Australia (4th July) where they will speak at a church in Melbourne (7th July) before flying out to New Zealand to attend Shout Conference in Auckland (8th – 12th July).
- Week 4 – Dom will be speaking 3 times at a church in Hamilton, NZ (14th July. As a family they will be going on a Pastors Retreat on lake Taupo, NZ (15th – 17th July).
- Week 5 – Dom will be speaking at 2 churches in Auckland, NZ (21st July). The family will be flying back to Melbourne, AUS (23rd July). Here they will be spending time with Pastor Wayne and Ruth Swift. Dom and Loo will be speaking at a leaders gathering (26th-27th July).
- Week 6 – Dom will be speaking at Church@1330 in Melbourne (28th July.) As a family they will be attending a spending time at Planetshakers in Melbourne.
- Week 7 – The family will be moving their journey north towards Sydney. Here they will connect with a number of churches. Hillsong / C3 etc.
- Week 8 – The family will continue to move north visiting the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast seeing Citipointe Church and other churches as planned.
- Week 9&10 – The family will push on to the last leg of their journey past Cairns meeting with a couple of church leaders before mostly resting before flying back to Melbourne (27th August) to fly back home POOLE (28th August).
September 1st – The Bird Family will be back at Sunnyhill Church with guest speak Sam Monk who leads one of the larger churches that Dom will be speaking at in New Zealand.
Sabbatical Prayer Points
- Safe travel and protection during our trip.
- Blessing on all relationships new and old.
- That we would preach and minister well.
- That we would enjoy quality time as a family.